GSoC 2012 students announcement
it's my great pleasure to finally announce the GSoC 2012 participants!
We've had around 70 single proposals and lots of activity in our IRC channel! Our participation in last year GSoC and GCI has granted us five slots!
So without further ado let me introduce the students that will acoompaign us throughout all the summer
- stepan777, mentored by Hedgewars author unc0rr, will create a demo converter tool that will simplify capturing live matches and sharing them with your friends or on Youtube;
- xymeng, mentored by our IRC icon nemo, will restructure most of the sources and prepare a full blown WebGL port to play this game on your browser;
- belphegorr, mentored by our Lua guide mikade, will bring a complete story campaign with training missions to add more flavour to this game and to teach newcomers how to play;
- medo42, mentored by our past GSoC student xeli, will complete the Android port writing the remaining customisations and a working client for online netplay;
- wolfgang, mentored by your source breaker koda, will rewrite the rendering pipeline to GLES2.0 for improved graphics performance on desktop and mobile.
The whole team would like to thank all participants for their time spent with us! It is always hard to select the best proposals from such high quality contributions that were sent in for this year GSoC: we hope that everyone has had a good time during the selection period and that everyone is going to hang around our crazy community!
Now let's send our congratulations to the five selected students and wish them good luck with their work! In the following days blogposts will appear to introduce them to the community and present their work in more detail.
We are in for an exciting summer!