So any of you using the dev builds tried the AI lately?

4 replies [Last post]
nemo
nemo's picture
User offline. Last seen 11 hours 26 min ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-01-28
Posts: 1857

AI is now quite a bit smarter than its 0.9.17 counterpart.

One of my favourite human versus AI games is 1 human hog vs 16 allied AI hogs (on max level) on a medium map using default/default.

A single mistake usually means death now on .18 Smile

Oh. And AI survival is now way mor dangerous. If an AI teleports near you, and there is any open water in range of a baseball bat...

--
Oh, what the heck. 1PLXzL1CBUD1kdEWqMrwNUfGrGiirV1WpH <= tip a hedgewars dev

Randy
Randy's picture
User offline. Last seen 9 weeks 11 hours ago. Offline
Joined: 2010-09-02
Posts: 480

So now in .18 the "Surviver" mode it's more dificult? Great. And now, can the AI use the rope?

Hedgewars Tournament 2015

Flying Amateur Artist for Hedgewars & Tournament Organizator


Do not do unto others what you would not want done to yourself

nemo
nemo's picture
User offline. Last seen 11 hours 26 min ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-01-28
Posts: 1857

Randy allegedly wrote:

So now in .18 the "Surviver" mode it's more dificult? Great. And now, can the AI use the rope?

No rope yet, but the AI knows how to drown and deal fall damage with all the existing weapons (that includes bat/firepunch/whip which unc0rr fixed just yesterday).
unc0rr also added sniper rifle.

--
Oh, what the heck. 1PLXzL1CBUD1kdEWqMrwNUfGrGiirV1WpH <= tip a hedgewars dev

seana11
seana11's picture
User offline. Last seen 2 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2011-09-22
Posts: 117

nemo allegedly wrote:

Randy allegedly wrote:

So now in .18 the "Surviver" mode it's more dificult? Great. And now, can the AI use the rope?

No rope yet, but the AI knows how to drown and deal fall damage with all the existing weapons (that includes bat/firepunch/whip which unc0rr fixed just yesterday).
unc0rr also added sniper rifle.

Finally. Drowning is the single most (IMO) effective way to kill a hog. Does it default to shotgun over nade or 'zooka yet?

CACP Founder

nemo
nemo's picture
User offline. Last seen 11 hours 26 min ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-01-28
Posts: 1857

seana11 allegedly wrote:

nemo allegedly wrote:

Randy allegedly wrote:

So now in .18 the "Surviver" mode it's more dificult? Great. And now, can the AI use the rope?

No rope yet, but the AI knows how to drown and deal fall damage with all the existing weapons (that includes bat/firepunch/whip which unc0rr fixed just yesterday).
unc0rr also added sniper rifle.

Finally. Drowning is the single most (IMO) effective way to kill a hog. Does it default to shotgun over nade or 'zooka yet?

Oh. For dealing 50 damage?
It does that ok-ish at close range in 0.9.17 already.

But, yeah. It is crazy good at drowning. Download one of the nightly builds and try it out.

--
Oh, what the heck. 1PLXzL1CBUD1kdEWqMrwNUfGrGiirV1WpH <= tip a hedgewars dev

Copyright © 2004-2021 Hedgewars Project. All rights reserved. [ contact ]