Fri, 2009-04-03 16:31 — aragog
Click the Spanner-icon in the lower right corner of the main menu to access the configuration menu. In here, it's possible to change many aspects of the game:
- Add a new team or change team name, members, etc. Click here for more info.
Schemes and Weapons
- Game scheme: Change general rules of the game, including things like health, damage, death, crates, etc. More information can be found at this page.
- Weapons: Change which weapons appear, how often they appear, the amount of ammo contained in crates, and the delays between each time a weapon can be used. More information can be found at this page.
- Show ammo menu tooltips: Show tooltips in the ammo menu.
- Net nick: Favorite nickname or username at hedgewars.org. Used for playing online.
- Password: (Optional) Password at hedgewars.org. Only needed if user is registered. Used for playing online.
- Proxy: (Optional) Required if the connected network uses a proxy. Used for playing online.
- Locale: Language used in game. If left at System default, the language of the operating system will be used.
- Alternative damage show: Show a pop-up with damage numbers every time a weapon is fired, instead of only at the end of a round.
- Append date and time to record file name: Append date and time to the file name whenever demo records are saved.
- Associate file extensions: Makes saved games and demo records open in Hedgewars when clicked.
- Frontend fullscreen: Run the game in fullscreen mode, instead of windowed mode.
- Frontend effects: Show graphical effects such as explosions. Disabling this option might improve performance on older computers.
- Enable frontend sounds: Play sound effects, such as gun shot and explosion sounds.
- Enable frontend music: Play background music.
- Resolution: The screen resolution (width and height) at which to run the game.
- Fullscreen: Render the game in fullscreen mode on the engine.
- Quality: Quality and smoothness of graphics in-game. Increasing the quality will reduce jags and edged seen, but might have a negative influence on the performance on older computers.
- Stereo rendering: Render the game in stereoscopic 3D, either using anaglyph images or autostereoscopy.
- Initial sound volume: Per cent volume of sound played
- Enable sound: Render sounder effects, such as gun shot and explosion, on the engine. This is required to play sounds. Disabling this option might improve performance slightly on older computers.
- Enable music: Render background music on the engine. This is required to play background music. Disabling this option might improve performance slightly on older computers
- FPS limit: Maximum number of frames rendered per second by the engine.
- Show FPS: Show number of frames rendered per second on the screen during the game.