“It's time to fight, so grab your keyboard and mouse and have fun!...”
Before you begin, please read carefully the rules and the F.A.Q.
These screenshots will show you that the pairing for this round has been made randomly:
*Solar-ALM and KompleX-d3fault are together by mistake. So they will have to play against each other. Rolling and kirintor will do another match.
Anyway here is the tournament ladder for this round:
You will have to show us two or three demos from the games that you played, so we can check them and see if it was a fair victory.
Round One starts today and will be finished next Sunday, 15th of December. Please respect this date, it's very important for the tournament's organization.
If you have any troubles to play the games, don't be afraid to tell us!
That's all for this round!
Update on Monday 9th of December
The First Round is about to start, so get ready!
Here is the list of the registered players:
- Star and Moon
- El Banana
* Those players who for any reason can't play in the tournament, please warn us before the 9th of December so we can take appropriate actions.
* The sign-up remains opens for one more player. You have until December 8.
Remember to re-read the rules, and see you soon!
Updated on Monday 2th of December
This is what people are waiting for years, this is your chance to be the best, this is TheGT 13' Default Tournament! Don't lose the tournament by not being here, sign up today.
Below are the sign-up details, rules, tournaments system, and the F.A.Q.
Team Name: Pelican Snippers
- You will have seven days to play the Rounds. This rule is very important for the organization of the tournament. (FAQ)
- The games will be played on Large Maps. With 6 hogs each team.(Remember to "refresh" the map after each game. Just click on the map picture).
- Each match will be played to the best of three games. If one player wins his first two games, the third game is optional. (FAQ)
- When creating a room, please include the word "tournament" somewhere in the room name, and remember to restrict team additions.
- If you disconnect on the middle of the game, you should ask to your opponent if he wants to re-play the game. (FAQ)
- You HAVE TO SHOW US the DEMOS of the games.(Only the winner of the Round. If you don't upload the demos, we can't be sure if you did win, so please upload it!) (FAQ)
- The games will be played under Default mode or just Default T. because you will have to change the playing order. (Like how it's the guide!!! Wuzzy, happy now? (FAQ)
- In the first two games, the playing order should not be random. One player should go first in the first game, the other in the second game. If a third game is required, it should be played with a random playing order. (FAQ)
- Spectators can join the room, but they can't spam.
The tournament format will be elimation, as in the previous tournaments. To see how it works, look at the Tournament Ladder that I'll be using on this tournament!
Each round you will have 7 days to play the 3 or 2 games to play!
A- You can always try with www.doodle.com or just sending a private message on hedgewars.org
Q- When can I sign up? And when does the Tournament starts?
A- You will be able to sign up from now to 30/11/13 in THIS forum topic. That gives you like 1,000,000 days to sign up.
The Tournament will start on the 1st December! -Aw, so much time
Q- What does "the best of three games mean?
Round 1= Randy vs. Mystery. Mystery won 0-1
Round 2= Randy vs. Mystery. Randy won 1-1
Round 3= Randy vs. Mystery. Mystery won 1-2
Mystery and Randy have played 3 GAMES. But Mystery wins 2-1, so he won the best of three games!
Q- Why should I talk to my opponent, if I get disconnected?
A- You should ask him if he wants to replay the game. If he doesn't want to, that's his own choice; he can claim a win for that game.
Q- How can I save my demo?
A- Look at this guide: http://imgur.com/a/ghujP
Q- Where can I found the demo?
A- You can find it in those following System at
Windows: My Documents/hedgewars or C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\hedgewars/Demos
MAC: Library/Application Support/Hedgewars/Demos
Q- Where can I upload it?
A- You can upload it on www.mediafire.com or at the Hedgewars/Demos section http://www.hedgewars.org/demos. Remember to post the link of the demos when you comment announcing your victory!
Q- I have never played Default mode. How can I learn?
A- Just play a lot versus the AI.
Q- How can I disable random turn order?
A- It is similar to setting the weapon set, but this time you should go to scheme mode. Go to Default Scheme. Make a copy. Rename it to "Default T.." Then do this: http://i.imgur.com/nfDtF.png
So now, the first name on the Team list will be first to play. Similarly, in the second game, you should remove and readd your team if you went first in the first game..
2nd Place - A hat of the runner-up design and a mentoring program for artillery shooting or defensive tactics (if interested)
Okay guys, this is all for now. We will update this forum on the upcoming days adding new information, prizes, rules, etc!
And also, for first-time hedgewars players, a promotional video for the tournament!
*This forum thread is for questions and sign-up. Please do not spamspamspamspamspam.
*Writing aggressive comments, will get you banned from the tournament sign-up.
Enjoy Hedgewars! One of The BEST Game Ever. And say thanks to the guys who make this beautiful game.