Flags! additions, submissions, information.

154 replies [Last post]
Smaxx
Smaxx's picture
User offline. Last seen 8 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-04-29
Posts: 391

Yep, brighter background might help a lot.

SgtRenny
SgtRenny's picture
User offline. Last seen 9 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-12-04
Posts: 7

Because the answer is always 42...

harmless911
harmless911's picture
User offline. Last seen 5 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2008-06-06
Posts: 195

SgtRenny allegedly wrote:

Because the answer is always 42...



What do you get when you multiply six by nine?

Fwirt
Fwirt's picture
User offline. Last seen 9 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-11-14
Posts: 3

Hey, another thing for Cave Story fans. Enjoy!

I slightly modified the image of Balrog's face in the game to make this, so it's partially game graphics... Is that alright? It's a few pixels, they've been modified, and it's from a freeware game. If that's not acceptable I can just redraw it.

joey
User offline. Last seen 9 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-12-10
Posts: 3

And another try with brighter colors. The blade and hilt are now good to see and even the guard is somehow there Wink Smiley

SgtRenny
SgtRenny's picture
User offline. Last seen 9 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-12-04
Posts: 7

harmless911 allegedly wrote:

What do you get when you multiply six by nine?

42, obviously. Big Grin

(*hint* http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371724/quotes)

Uriah
Uriah's picture
User offline. Last seen 7 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2008-01-25
Posts: 359

Fwirt allegedly wrote:

Hey, another thing for Cave Story fans. Enjoy!

I slightly modified the image of Balrog's face in the game to make this, so it's partially game graphics... Is that alright? It's a few pixels, they've been modified, and it's from a freeware game. If that's not acceptable I can just redraw it.

***awesome***

Uriah
Uriah's picture
User offline. Last seen 7 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2008-01-25
Posts: 359

Some of your flags in action

http://i45.tinypic.com/n3arli.png

rbaleksandar
rbaleksandar's picture
User offline. Last seen 5 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-01-09
Posts: 685

Nice. ^^ btw Are these barrels on the screenshot the barrels we all have been expecting? Big Grin

HTML = How To Meet the Ladies

Here is my Unofficial Manual for HW. Hope you like it. Wink Smiley Still working on it. Don't worry. Will get it finished...Sometime in the future. Big Grin

Fwirt
Fwirt's picture
User offline. Last seen 9 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-11-14
Posts: 3

Tiyuri allegedly wrote:

Fwirt allegedly wrote:

Hey, another thing for Cave Story fans. Enjoy!

I slightly modified the image of Balrog's face in the game to make this, so it's partially game graphics... Is that alright? It's a few pixels, they've been modified, and it's from a freeware game. If that's not acceptable I can just redraw it.

***awesome***

Hey thanks! (or should I say Huzzah!)

There's a Quote hat over in the hats thread too...

SgtRenny
SgtRenny's picture
User offline. Last seen 9 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-12-04
Posts: 7

Tiyuri allegedly wrote:

Some of your flags in action

http://i45.tinypic.com/n3arli.png


Wow, this theme really catches the eye. Only thing i don't like is the temple on background. Lighting and shadows looks really weird on it

Uriah
Uriah's picture
User offline. Last seen 7 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2008-01-25
Posts: 359

Fwirt allegedly wrote:

Tiyuri allegedly wrote:

Fwirt allegedly wrote:

Hey, another thing for Cave Story fans. Enjoy!

I slightly modified the image of Balrog's face in the game to make this, so it's partially game graphics... Is that alright? It's a few pixels, they've been modified, and it's from a freeware game. If that's not acceptable I can just redraw it.

***awesome***

Hey thanks! (or should I say Huzzah!)

There's a Quote hat over in the hats thread too...

The hat is great also, expect to see them both in 0.9.13
I love cave story Smile

RM-Wienerwürstchen
User offline. Last seen 9 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-12-12
Posts: 1

All you need is :

and the second one :

=)

Very cool idea

rbaleksandar
rbaleksandar's picture
User offline. Last seen 5 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-01-09
Posts: 685

I'm pretty sure that these flags might already be included but here they come - cards!

Hearts (think it got too big but it's easy to fix it):

Spades:

Diamonds:

Clubs:

HTML = How To Meet the Ladies

Here is my Unofficial Manual for HW. Hope you like it. Wink Smiley Still working on it. Don't worry. Will get it finished...Sometime in the future. Big Grin

BHW0011
User offline. Last seen 5 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-10-21
Posts: 17

are you adding all the country flags on (please dont forget new zealand)

4yearslater

SgtRenny
SgtRenny's picture
User offline. Last seen 9 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-12-04
Posts: 7

Another quick one, but i'm not so sure... maybe it could be done a little better:

Uriah
Uriah's picture
User offline. Last seen 7 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2008-01-25
Posts: 359

BHW0011 allegedly wrote:

are you adding all the country flags on (please dont forget new zealand)

There's over 220 country flags

SgtRenny
SgtRenny's picture
User offline. Last seen 9 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-12-04
Posts: 7

Redone, I think it's better this way:

Also did another quick one... good old nuclear symbol:

rbaleksandar
rbaleksandar's picture
User offline. Last seen 5 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-01-09
Posts: 685

^ Should make one for TOXIC too. Wink Smiley

HTML = How To Meet the Ladies

Here is my Unofficial Manual for HW. Hope you like it. Wink Smiley Still working on it. Don't worry. Will get it finished...Sometime in the future. Big Grin

SgtRenny
SgtRenny's picture
User offline. Last seen 9 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-12-04
Posts: 7

rbaleksandar allegedly wrote:

^ Should make one for TOXIC too. Wink Smiley

Toxic flag coming up! Big Grin I actually had some difficulties with this one, since it was somewhat a pain to shrink it to 22x15 keeping the symbol recognizable. I've made two version of it, the second one's a little cropped but it's more defined. Tiyuri can choose whichever he likes the most, but i like the 2nd best

Last one for the Restaurant Team Big Grin

rbaleksandar
rbaleksandar's picture
User offline. Last seen 5 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-01-09
Posts: 685

Second toxic flag is indeed intoxicating. Wink Smiley

HTML = How To Meet the Ladies

Here is my Unofficial Manual for HW. Hope you like it. Wink Smiley Still working on it. Don't worry. Will get it finished...Sometime in the future. Big Grin

Smaxx
Smaxx's picture
User offline. Last seen 8 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-04-29
Posts: 391

Well, guess some Zelda fans might want these ...


dos
dos's picture
User offline. Last seen 4 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-12-18
Posts: 1

For all guitar players! Smile

Edit:
And another one for CLI people Wink Smiley

G3lV3R1C
G3lV3R1C's picture
User offline. Last seen 8 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-12-23
Posts: 7

Here's an eight ball for you sports fans:

Clever Response Loading:
Please wait...
[|||||||||.............]

mouffy
User offline. Last seen 9 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-12-27
Posts: 1

Here is the flag of my canadian province. Maybe it can sound awkward, but people who live here in Quebec are particularly different of the rest of Canada (ie, we speak french instead of english). So here, in Quebec, we mostly see the province flag instead of the canadian flag. I made two versions of it :

The whole flag:

The flower on the flag:

This is Quebec flag (abbreviation: QC).

For your information, we are nearly 8 millions people here, in Quebec, so it has the same size than a country)

Is it appropriate? Do you have some recommendations for the flag?

I would be very proud to play Hedgewars with my Quebec flag Smile. Hope to see it in the game!

Smaxx
Smaxx's picture
User offline. Last seen 8 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-04-29
Posts: 391

Just a pretty small and huge update:
Flags finally arrived on SVN (Tiy misinterpreted some old IRC talk when he opened this thread).

So if you're able to compile code checked out through SVN, feel free to give the flags a try. Note that there will be further flag additions and if you can't find your flag right now that doesn't mean we didn't like it - we just added only the first batch to test run etc.

nemo
nemo's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 day 6 hours ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-01-28
Posts: 1720

mouffy allegedly wrote:

Here is the flag of my canadian province. Maybe it can sound awkward, but people who live here in Quebec are particularly different of the rest of Canada (ie, we speak french instead of english). So here, in Quebec, we mostly see the province flag instead of the canadian flag. I made two versions of it :

For your information, we are nearly 8 millions people here, in Quebec, so it has the same size than a country)

Is it appropriate? Do you have some recommendations for the flag?

I would be very proud to play Hedgewars with my Quebec flag Smile. Hope to see it in the game!

http://fireforge.net/scm/viewvc.php/trunk/share/hedgewars/Data/Graphics/Flags/?root=hedgewars

Heh. Well aware of the history of Quebec. Certainly reasons for not exactly feeling part of the British colony Wink Smiley
There ya go.

Oh, and thanks Smaxx, love the new look.

--
Oh, what the heck. 1PLXzL1CBUD1kdEWqMrwNUfGrGiirV1WpH <= tip a hedgewars dev

thuban
User offline. Last seen 9 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-12-25
Posts: 27

I did these two flags. What do you think about them?

AlexYeCu
User offline. Last seen 8 years 1 week ago. Offline
Joined: 2010-04-09
Posts: 20

Helice Nuestro. Viva Meganezia! Viva Magna Carta!

Wirtland.

Kiibakun
Kiibakun's picture
User offline. Last seen 8 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2010-04-15
Posts: 3
randomized
randomized's picture
User offline. Last seen 8 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2010-04-19
Posts: 1

SgtRenny allegedly wrote:

harmless911 allegedly wrote:

What do you get when you multiply six by nine?

42, obviously. Big Grin

(*hint* http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371724/quotes)


I hope you realize that the quote goes by: "You want a question that goes with the answer for 42? Well, how about what's six times seven?" and i believe that harmless911 was making a rather rude comment, just in case you missed that.

harmless911
harmless911's picture
User offline. Last seen 5 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2008-06-06
Posts: 195

randomized allegedly wrote:

SgtRenny allegedly wrote:

harmless911 allegedly wrote:

What do you get when you multiply six by nine?

42, obviously. Big Grin

(*hint* http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371724/quotes)


I hope you realize that the quote goes by: "You want a question that goes with the answer for 42? Well, how about what's six times seven?" and i believe that harmless911 was making a rather rude comment, just in case you missed that.

No it's actually from the original 1981 Hitchhikers Guide to the galaxy, which differs quite a bit from the 2005 one. The main characters somehow managed to find out a way to find what question "42" was the answer to. The question turned out to be What do you get when you multiply six by nine?

"Six by nine. Forty two."
"That's it. That's all there is."
"I always thought something was fundamentally wrong with the universe"

ArticFox
ArticFox's picture
User offline. Last seen 8 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2010-05-02
Posts: 2

i think there isnt any crosshair

http://yfrog.com/4bcrosshairj

and flames:

http://yfrog.com/11flamescj

Star and Moon
Star and Moon's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Joined: 2010-04-03
Posts: 715

cm_lightning

cm_brush

cm_smile

EDIT
cm_medic

sCon3d
User offline. Last seen 8 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2010-05-29
Posts: 2

Domo-kun:

SDM
SDM's picture
User offline. Last seen 9 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2010-06-02
Posts: 1

I've got two I'd like to submit.

Chaos Emerald:

MFS Logo:

RodlenJack
User offline. Last seen 8 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2010-06-25
Posts: 2

I'd love to see some sort of steampunk flag.

Also, I made a slightly nice-looking mess with random Paint.NET tools:

Star and Moon
Star and Moon's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Joined: 2010-04-03
Posts: 715

RodlenJack allegedly wrote:

Also, I made a slightly nice-looking mess with random Paint.NET tools:


Cool flag! I'd call the flag cm_Abstractshapes

cm_Hedgecogs

cm_Firepunch
Punch!

nemo
nemo's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 day 6 hours ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-01-28
Posts: 1720

Kiibakun allegedly wrote:

Cuba:

North Korea:

These two are already part of the standard flag pack.

--
Oh, what the heck. 1PLXzL1CBUD1kdEWqMrwNUfGrGiirV1WpH <= tip a hedgewars dev

Kiibakun
Kiibakun's picture
User offline. Last seen 8 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2010-04-15
Posts: 3

nemo allegedly wrote:

Kiibakun allegedly wrote:

Cuba:

North Korea:

These two are already part of the standard flag pack.


omg, sorry.
at least the euskal herria flag isn't part of that :$

JStheguy
User offline. Last seen 7 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2010-07-29
Posts: 2

RodlenJack allegedly wrote:

I'd love to see some sort of steampunk flag.

Also, I made a slightly nice-looking mess with random Paint.NET tools:



I made a bad set of barfaroini n' chese with a side of fail frys
URL=http://img15.imageshack.us/i/67401137.png/][/URL]
Flags in pack(From left to right):Windows vista,Blue screen,Hedgewars,Tee Worlds,Sawnik,Dounut eater,Tees vs hedghogs,and Zero Punctuation.
Fun fact:The windows flag took the most work(FREAKING DETAILING)
BTW first post ^_^

Star and Moon
Star and Moon's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Joined: 2010-04-03
Posts: 715

JStheguy allegedly wrote:

RodlenJack allegedly wrote:

I'd love to see some sort of steampunk flag.

Also, I made a slightly nice-looking mess with random Paint.NET tools:



I made a bad set of barfaroini n' chese with a side of fail frys
URL=http://img15.imageshack.us/i/67401137.png/][/URL]

Hedgewars flag looks odd, you can make you sprites bigger and use Photoshop to make them smaller into flag size, like I did in the Fire Punch flag (in my other post.).

Sepelio
User offline. Last seen 9 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2010-08-04
Posts: 1

I noticed there is no Scottish flag, so I made one. Here you go:

nemo
nemo's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 day 6 hours ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-01-28
Posts: 1720

Huh. Odd. Scotland was part of our original flag list. Not sure why it didn't make it into the game.

http://m8y.org/tmp/hw_flags2/uk_scotland.svg.png

--
Oh, what the heck. 1PLXzL1CBUD1kdEWqMrwNUfGrGiirV1WpH <= tip a hedgewars dev

RoFra
RoFra's picture
User offline. Last seen 4 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-07-25
Posts: 43

Pianoplayers need this:

Star and Moon
Star and Moon's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Joined: 2010-04-03
Posts: 715

CHROMEZ!!
(cm_chrome)

MXO
MXO's picture
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2010-08-23
Posts: 25

Hedgewars has la bandera de Uruguay! Shocking Great!

A little sugestion:

Maybe if _______ (put the name of the correspondant Dev here) divide the flags list, in the team's edit panel, into 2 groups, will make it better. I mean, on top of the list all country flags, in alphabetical order, and then, the random-funny flags, ordered the same way.

It's a detail, but as my father says, "Details sum up the diference" Sleepy Smiley

Smaxx
Smaxx's picture
User offline. Last seen 8 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2009-04-29
Posts: 391

Done - will be in 0.9.14. Wink Smiley

Uncharted
Uncharted's picture
User offline. Last seen 6 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2010-08-18
Posts: 69

Yep cool flags but still something is missing..
Oh yea baskteball and football flags? :P

MXO
MXO's picture
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 2010-08-23
Posts: 25

Smaxx allegedly wrote:

Done - will be in 0.9.14. Wink Smiley

Great! Thanks! Smile

Copyright © 2004-2017 Hedgewars Project. All rights reserved. [ contact ]