Winter Release! 0.9.15 is here!
:: 'cuz our hedgehogs don't hibernate ::
Winter has never looked this cool
- There's a new theme to chill in: Christmas!
- Let it snow! Watch the ground on maps using the Christmas and Snow themes, because the falling snow may change it to your advantage or disadvantage.
- Are your enemies busy digging for oh-so-tasty earthworms instead of facing combat? Time to send a Drill Strike after them!
- You want to push somebody from distance? Weapons are too expensive for you? You like to play in dirt or snow? A Mud Ball* should do the trick! (*wind effected; not recommended to be used as food replacement)
Optional Gameplay modes
- Capture the Flag! Bring your enemy's flag to your home while protecting your own!
- No Jumping! The temporary loss of floor contact makes you feel insecure? Then play without jumping and see new strategies evolve!
- Random Weapon! You want to test your luck and skill? Then let the game give you and your enemies a random weapon each turn!
Draw your own maps
- YES, you read that right! Now you can create and save your own hand-drawn maps and play them on any theme you want and with who you want!
Note: Please do not use maps with motives not suitable for children on the official server, thanks!
Missions and new Mission Map
- Prove yourself worthy by mastering the missions Dangerous ducklings, Diver, Spooky Tree and Teamwork!
- Fight your friends or foes on the new Capture The Flag: Blizzard map!
New Game Modifiers
- Disable Wind if you prefer a nice calm over having your stuff blown away.
- More Wind will do the exact opposite and will make wind affect more things than usual!
- Rope Length set the rope length anywhere from 25% up to 10x the default length. Just keep in mind: longer is not always better.
And there is more!
- New hats beaver, porkey and sheep.
- Improved Interface Lets you access and modify your game settings more easily.
- Have your hogs speak! (chat bubbles) Even if it's not your turn! Just type your chat message in "quotes". (First digit in text will decide which one of your hogs will speak)
- ReadyTimer Gives you a few seconds to swap places in hotseat matches or just to realize it's YOUR turn without already losing precious turn-time.
- More and prettier effects Because we all love them!
- Improved Lua Support All power to the scripters!
- Seed modification Gives you the possibility to play a game with different or exact the same "random" placements and events as before.
- Check out the ChangeLog if you want to see a more complete list of the changes.
You can get the new version from the download section!
Please be a bit patient though, it may take a while till all installers/packages for all supported operating systems are available.
For the hedgewars team,
PS: I'm being forced to writing these release announcements, somebody help meeeeee XD