Here's a short changelog, you can find a full changelog below!
- A completely redesigned, redrawn frontend, built to be both prettier and easier to use.
- Completely reworked netplay, supports players joining and leaving games in progress
- Admin controls for network play
- A new, official central dedicated server, allowing mutiple "rooms" per server, a multiplayer lobby for matchmaking
- The ability to customize your team in exciting new ways, including the ability to customize the visual look of your hedgehogs
- New maps, themes, and graphics, a huge addition to content
- New weapons, gameplay mechanics and game options. New super weapons that you will find only in crates
- New working flames that damage hedgehogs and corrode the terrain
- New sounds, music and media
- Atmostrophic's chat border
With Hedgewar's New and Improved net functionality we hope to see lots of you on the official Hedgewar's server in the near future, maybe you'll be blowing some of us up?
I'm going to show off two of the three new weapons in 0.9.7 to you today.
The Melon Bomb
More info in the blog post
So it's been quite a while between updates, which is unusual for Hedgewars these days.
So perhaps you're wondering what's been going on?
I'm going to give you a run down of some of the goodies you're going to find in 0.9.7. It's a long list (and for once a lot of it ISN'T on the svn!) I won't include everything. But I'll cover some of the major features.
First off, we've been developing a new frontend. That better suites the game. It's not finished yet (and I know a lot of you monkeys have been snatching it off of the svn) but I'll show some pictures anyway. The previous pictures were mockups, these are in game pictures :)
Hats are now in our SVN build.
I'm going to be adding hopefully up to 60 hats to the next release of Hedgewars (time permitting!) But I've started a way for users to submit their own.
If you'd like to get involved, or would just like to submit ideas/criticisms/need information.
head over to our forums, and this thread here:
For instructions on how to make a hat, some tips and submission requirements.