As of the 26th, this PAotH comic has been around for 5 years! Wow, that's certainly something. Anyway, you can catch up with older comics by going here: http://www.hedgewars.org/comic and if you want to see the newest comics: http://www.hedgewars.org/PAotH And now, for some very special comics on this very special day:
Oh, and I'm probably not gonna put these on the front page anymore after this. Not really any reason to have them here. :P
Oh, hey look, I'm still making comics! I've just been taking my sweet time, sorry! If you want to catch up with older comics then go here: http://www.hedgewars.org/comic and if you want to see the newest comics before I post them on the front page then go here: http://www.hedgewars.org/PAotH
Hedgewars 0.9.22 has been released!
Get it from the Download page.
This release features a new weapon or map object, the air mine.
This is a floating proximity bomb which will float around and follows hedgehogs who are careless to stand nearby it. Once close enough, the air mine timer starts, after which the air mine will explode. The explosion is weaker than of regular mines, but this is enough to lose a turn and annoy your enemy to death.
The air mine can appear as land object (like regular mines) or be fired.
- New Weapon / Map object: air mine
- Various tweaks to the interface and in-game chat (See here)
- Extensive changes to TechRacer: Variable terrain types, enhanced parameters, hwmap interpreter, fuel limiter, etc.
- Added 6 TechRacer maps
- Added 3 Speed Shoppa challenges (missions in which you must collect all crates as fast as possible): Shoppa Love, Ropes and Crates, The Customer is King
- Added 24 new flags, replaced 1 existing flag
- Improved “Art” theme (See here)
- Map complexity in the “Tunnels” style can be adjusted by using the map slider
- Maze size in the “DiagonalMaze” style can be adjusted by using the map slider
- Added default Sudden Death background music
- New script (primarily for developers): HedgeEditor
- Hammer now does more damage (50% instead of 1 third) when the Extra Damage utility is used
- Hammer damage is now rounded up. This means it can be used to execute hedgehogs with only 1 HP
- Melon bomb pieces, air strike bombs and a couple of other things now bounce on rubber
Bugfixes / minor weaks:
- Fixed the bad rubber shape
- TechRacer maps now have proper previews (and they show checkpoints, too)
- Game modifier “Divided teams” will now just be ignored when using more or less than 2 teams or clans, instead of displaying a fatal error
- Fixed: Wind indicator being wrong in certain situations
- Reduced main menu music volume
- The game will now fall back to the default voicepack if a team's voicepack is not locally installed (instead of rendering the team voiceless)
- Generated bridges/girders are now connected better to the land mass
- Many other bug fixes
Here is the full changelog (includes changes to the Lua API):
Hey, hogs! I thought I'd update you with something I think is finally functional enough to be included in the upcoming .22 release. If you can bear my terrible, raspy voice and strange accent, check it out!
Otherwise, if words are more your thing, feel free to go read the wiki article I've started to work on here -> HedgeEditor.