Building on Mac OS X
- XCode must be installed with command line tools
- some knowledge of Terminal is preferred
- it has been reported that Xcode 3.2.6 creates problem when linking frameworks! If you can't use another version, try this: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2781968?threadID=2781968&tstart=105
- for Xcode 4 onwards, you need to install the command line tools: open Xcode, go to Preferences, select "Downloads" and install the "Command Line Tools".
- for Qt series 4.7, only versions 4.7.0 and 4.7.4 are not suffering from this bug http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-17333 any other version will not work with online games.
- Lion has an incompatible ABI with older version of Freepascal! Use only the new Freepascal version 2.6.0 or newer. See http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=19269
Download the following libraries and place them under
The following libraries are optional:
Compiling Ogg Vorbis
Since there is no framework distribution for ogg vorbis libraries, we will need to compile our own. Extract the sources and open the relative .xcodeproj file.
It is likely that you will need to adjust some parameters, such as the Base SDK you have installed and for which architecture (ppc, i386, x86_64) you want to build. Go into "Project"->"Edit Project Settings", under "Build" set Architectures to Standard and Base SDK to 10.5 (otherwise newer).
After that build as usual and copy the generated framework to the usual
If you want to compile server for hosting lan games, you need to download a Haskell compiler: we are going to use the Glasgow Haskell Compiler.
sudo cabal install gameServer/hedgewars-server.cabal
Download and install the following toolchains
- download the source tarball or clone the hg repo
- configure the sources with the following line
cmake . -DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/qmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release